Monday, May 23, 2016

Update on Fourth "Five Something Something" Contest

Dear Imps, Writers, and Dreamers,

I have a quick update for all of you concerning the next Rooglewood Press fairy tale collection contest. And, unfortunately, it's kind of sad news . . . .

Due to a health issue, I've asked my Rooglewood Team if we could postpone the fourth contest for a full year. The last three years of hosting these contest and launching these collections have been a blast . . . and completely overwhelming at the same time. With this new health consideration in the works (nothing serious, don't worry, but certainly time-consuming!), I am looking ahead and realizing that I simply HAVE to cut something out of my work schedule, at least for a little while. The only options are my books or the contest.

After much debate and deliberation, my team and I have agreed that it would be better to postpone the contest for ONE year rather than postponing my own projects for . . . well, who knows how long. With a single year off from the contest, I hope to not only finish and launch the novel I'm working on right now, but also get the enormous epic that is Poison Crown (the next in the Tales of Goldstone Wood series) ready for publication.


Believe me when I say we didn't make this decision lightly . . . though I know it's coming suddenly, only a few weeks before the fourth contest was supposed to launch. I know this is the right decision to make at this time, both for me and for all of you. After all, you wouldn't want me to end up doing a poor job of launching the fourth collection OR my own works, would you?

And we will be bringing back the contests as of June 1, 2017. We've got a gorgeous cover all ready to go, and I might even give you some hints as to the tale selected sometime in the next few months (so watch for those!). I will look forward to reading all of your amazing retellings, and I have no doubt you will all blow me away . . . even as you have these last three years!

In the meanwhile, be watching for Five Magic Spindles, coming later this summer. I am hoping to have the official publication date set in just another week (a few things have to come together first!), and it should be available for pre-order in less than a month (as long as everything keeps on track!). It is going to be a glorious collection of stories. All of these authors have worked so hard, and I can hardly wait to share the results with all of you!

In the meanwhile, be sure to add it to your Goodreads shelves . . .

13 comments:

Liv K. Fisher said...

I hope you're feeling better, soon!! <3

karina said...

I hope everything health-wise improves. I am anticipating Poison Crown like I anticipate strawberry season, probably more!

Hannah said...

So glad you are giving yourself a little more time! All of us writers can definitely use some more time to prepare stories, and I am so excited to hear plans for Poison Crown! <3

J. L. Mbewe said...

Oh! Hope your health situation is cleared up quickly and smoothly! Praying for you all!

Dara Esther said...

Aww. I was looking forward to that contest... but I totally understand! Health is WAY more important. And Poison Crown!!!!!!! Yes! Huzzah!!! Finally! I've been dying of anticipation. And a new novel? Ooohh... anticipation is a deadly force indeed... But I will be praying that you get better soon! (health issues are nasty!)

Sarah Pennington said...

I'm not going to lie: I'm disappointed to hear that this year's contest is canceled. I was really looking forward to it. :( But I totally understand that your health has to come first, and I'd rather have a healthy Anne Elisabeth (and new Goldstone Wood and other-project novels!) than the contest.
(And, hey, now I have a whole extra year to write and edit fairy tale retelling novellas in case one or more of them is the right fairy tale for the contest. So that's a win.)

E.F.B. said...

I'm very sorry that you're having any health issues at all, but I'm glad to hear they're not serious! I'll be praying for you, that whatever it is resolves quickly.

I completely understand how time consuming doing something like running a contest and launching a collection must be. While it's disappointing that the contest will be postponed, I choose to look at the bright side that this gives us a whole year more for brainstorming ideas! :) And hints! I like hints! I look forward to seeing them, and Five Magic Spindles! And Poison Crown whenever it's ready! Woohoo!

Joy said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Anne Elisabeth! But I totally understand about having to cut something off from your schedule to stay sane and healthy and get quality work done. I'm kind of in such a boat at the moment with my studies, writing and social life as well :P. Ah, so many commitments, so little time and energy to devote to any ONE thing really well.

Ah, but I am so super thrilled, because I just love those fairy-tale contests, and hope to participate in one myself, but this year I am also so very busy but hope to be more free next year, so maybe I can join in at last! That would be so amazing...

Please take care of yourself and be easy with yourself too! <3 You're amazing, just sayin' :D. I'm just so eager to read anything else you pen in the coming months/years Lord willing!

Lots of love and hugs and prayers,
Joy

Savannah Grace said...

I'm very disappointing that the contest isn't going to happen this year, but I can definitely understand why you had to postpone it :). I hope you feel better soon, Anne Elisabeth! I'll be praying for you. I can't wait for Poison Crown and Five Magic Spindles to release! Ooo, you'll be dropping hints as to what the fourth collection will be? Well then I'm looking forward to those too!

Emily Drown said...

Mmm... a little disappointing, but I'll be praying that you get better and that your releases go smoothly! <3

Psalms w guitar said...

Setbacks have a way of producing quality. Perhaps the year delay will give some of the writers time to research the characters and create greater depth.

You have our prayers for a speedy recovery Anne!

Skye Hoffert said...

I'm glad you are putting your health first.

M. Smith said...

Please take care of yourself I will be praying,
Melissa