Friday, December 16, 2011

The Winner!

All right, ladies and gentlemen! The winner for our Name Needed contest is ready to be announced.

For those of you who need updating, the contest was to select a name for a dog character in my upcoming novel, Starflower. The name needed to be Southlands-appropriate and fit for a female hunting/fighting dog, a scruffy gray lurcher.

This is a lurcher, in case you were wondering.

There were so many to choose from, it was almost impossible to pick! But, after great deliberation, the dog has been named. She will be called:

Frostbite.

Huzzah!

This means that Anonymous is our winner. So if Anonymous would please email me, I will be certain he/she receives his/her winnings (a signed copy of Veiled Rose.)

Thank you so much for your participation, everyone! For those of you interested, here were some of my favorite runner-ups:

Firefiend--by Amber
Harefoot--by Jenny
Fearfang--by al
Hemlock--by Elizabeth (Elizabeth Anne! The reverse me!). Also suggested by taylor2taylor74
Stormcloud--by Clara
Ashdust--by Clara
Tala--by Clara and Sister (but it isn't a Southlands sounding name, so I couldn't use it.)
Lyrk--by Maren (again, not a Southlands name, but a great name for a lurcher!)

But there were so many great ones to choose from! Thank you so much for your participation, and keep your eyes open for more name-drawings and contests!

4 comments:

Jenny Freitag said...

"Frostbite" is an excellent name for a dog of such description. Congratulations, Anonymous - and congratulations, Anne Elisabeth, for being able to get a good appellation for your furry character! I look forward eagerly to meeting her scribbled to life from your pen.

Amber Holcomb said...

That's a great name! :) And I'm honored to be mentioned as a runner-up!

Can't wait to read Moonblood and then Starflower!

~Amber

Clara said...

I loooved Frostbite! Congrats Anonymous! I'm glad you liked some of my names Anne Elisabeth!

E. KaIser Writes said...

Congrats on such a successful naming contest! Glad you got one that fit perfectly for you.
I'm also honored that you thought one of my suggestions was good enough to be a runner up; after I put it down I started to like it so much I thought I might use it in one of my stories. (Though, of course, different stories could certianly use the same name!)
I was happy to see that someone else suggested it also, that shows I'm Not as crazy as some people think!
Have a good one!
Elizabeth A.